jm's Adventure with Multiple Myeloma: Intravenous access port surgical implant day Post-Operative June 13 2011

Total Pageviews

Click on photos to make them larger and clearer. New to the blog, the oldest or beginning entries are at the bottom and you read upwards to the most recent date or go to Labels and begin with Entry 1. Use the alpha Labels on right to find topics of most interest to you.







Monday, June 13, 2011

Intravenous access port surgical implant day Post-Operative June 13 2011

I'm not sure what time I returned to the post-operative recovery area, but  I had a caffeine-withdrawl headache and they gave a whole cup of hot coffee which really helped.

It wasn't there too long before they moved me across the hall to where Jani was waiting for me in a big private recovery room. Jani talked to Dr. Pettine after the procedure before she came in with me.
My new Bard Power Port with intravenous tap in place for chemotherapy this afternoon. The left it "tapped" with the Huber needle (yellow deal) so the oncology nurses would not have to push the Huber needle through the port this afternoon.
Immediate Post-operative. Under the tape at the top of the yellow Huber needle is an incision with steri-stripes. The sutures are beneath the skin and will dissolve, so I will not have to return to the surgeon for suture removal June 13 2011


My heart rate, pulse oximetery, and  blood pressure post-operatively June 13 2011 
The Post-Operative or Recovery Nurse came and took my peripheral arm IV out and I was discharged around 10 AM


No comments:

Post a Comment